Friday, November 2, 2012

November Has Arrived!

Fall is here!  I love that feeling....  The crisp chill that greets me when I open the door in the morning.  The cold in my lungs when I take my early power-walk.  The pale fog hovering over rooftops until it burns off mid-day. And while we don't sport as many trees with leaves aglow as the streets on the east coast, we do relish the few golds, oranges and reds we see on each block. I love pulling into my driveway after work and getting a whiff of a fire burning in a neighbor's fireplace -- eager to lay my own fire. And it's truly satisfying to snuggle up under an afghan with my pets and a book before bed.

Autumn Fires
by Robert Louis Stevenson

In the other gardens
And all up the vale,
From the autumn bonfires
See the smoke trail!

Pleasant summer over
And all the summer flowers,
The red fire blazes,
The grey smoke towers.

Sing a song of seasons!
Something bright in all!
Flowers in the summer,
Fires in the fall!

Happy November!

No comments:

Post a Comment