Sunday, November 25, 2012

Life Organized

My heart goes out to those who have struggled to put their lives back together after Hurricane Sandy blew through.  I can't imagine losing everything as so many of them did.  We do not have hurricanes on the west coast and the weather is tame for the most part.  But we do live in earthquake country and are told that it would be wise to be prepared for a few days of survival in the event of a major earthquake.

Over the years, I have put emergency supplies together in anticipation of "the big one," but my habit of rotating water, making sure we don't dip into supplies, and updating contact info has become increasingly lax.

Recently I started following a terrific blog called abowlfulloflemons.net.  It's dedicated to home organization and I love the author's tools, tips and challenges to tackle the art of a more orderly life.  Starting December 8th she is doing an 8 week program on Emergency Preparedness.   If you want to join in, just click on the Emergency Preparedness box below and follow the instructions on her blog:

As usual, I'm a day late and a dollar short, in this case on joining in her Home Organization 101 weekly challenges.  After all, I'm still trying to finish up the telling of our summer vacation on the east coast, and I think I left off with the letter E on my Encyclopedia of Moi!  I do finish what I start -- it just takes me awhile sometimes!  So here I am on week 13 of her project, jumping in to join the current week's challenge-- the master closet!  There is only one week left and I'm hoping she starts over for those of us who missed the first round.  If not, I'll have to loop back around to week 1 on my own.
The master closet sounds rather scarey, but if I'm going to dig through it, I better do it now before it is full of Christmas gifts and wrappings this coming month.  Onward, charge!

No comments:

Post a Comment