Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving Week


It has been a wonderful Thanksgiving week. My girls were home off and on, overlapping.  We baked pumpkin pie and pumpkin rolls, using family recipes.  My mom was known for her perfect pie crust and pies, and to our delight we were able to duplicate her efforts.  We had turkey and all our favorite side dishes.  It was quite simply...  something to be thankful for!

As the weekend rolls into its final day, I look at my daughters and think how blessed I am to have them in my life. They have turned into thoughtful, kind, intelligent young women.  I talked to both of my sisters on Thanksgiving Day and was reminded of how fortunate we are that we are not a family that feuds, but a family that knows that life is too short to let our differences of opinion over shadow the strength of our love, a family that cares about each other.

And now we move into the Christmas season!  We put up the tree and decorated it with our special ornaments.  The stockings are hung by the chimney with care.

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment