Thursday, September 24, 2009

Gratitude Journals

Work has been a wee bit more stressful this school year. Lots of changes, more responsibility, unanswered questions prohibiting me from completing tasks....

Yesterday on the drive home from work I reminded myself that I could either focus on the things that were frustrating OR I could focus on the things that are wonderful in my life.

So how serendipitous to come across this YouTube Gratitude Challenge tonight!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHxlXLDMG0Q

Check out www.gratitudechallenge.com if you feel so inclined. There is a calendar full of journal ideas, a pledge to sign to solidify your commitment to taking note of life's blessings, links to other participants' blogs, and more. I've kept gratitude journals off and on for years now, and they do help you keep life in perspective.

Now I'm off to enjoy the comfort of my warm home, eat food that is plentiful in my cupboards, and talk to a loved one on the phone -- things so many people in this country and around the world can not do. God's blessings abound.

No comments:

Post a Comment