Friday, December 14, 2012

Santa Lucia Day

One of my favorite blogs I follow is the Paris Daily Photo -- it just makes me feel close to Paris to see what is going in that fair city.  Eric Tenin, the wonderful blog author, published a beautiful video today of the Swedish Church of Paris performing in a Santa Lucia Concert.  Check out his youtube video of the choir's angelic voices at http://www.parisdailyphoto.com/2012/12/santa-lucia-concert-at-swedish-church.html

When I was in elementary school we performed a program for our parents called Christmas Around the World.   I was chosen to represent Sweden as Saint Lucia and wore a crown of leaves and candles while pretending to bring my parents breakfast on Christmas morn.  I still remember how very special I felt. 

The feast of Saint Lucia is celebrated on December 13th and heralds the beginning of the Christmas season.  St. Lucia is considered a bearer of light.


No comments:

Post a Comment