Friday, June 4, 2010

Change In Store

Yesterday was a red letter day. I packed up my speech therapy materials, took my

TRANSFERRING
TO ANOTHER
SCHOOL

files to the district office, and handed in my resignation letter. Yes, for a variety of reasons I'm changing school districts next year.

One thing I will sincerely miss are the people I worked with at the preschool. I've made some great friends who I'll continue to see. There were also coworkers who were quite simply kind, gentle, conscientious educators. The people you work with can make all the difference in your enjoyment of work. I was fortunate.

Hugs and tears good-byes and then out to my car which is loaded down like the Beverly Hillbillies' jalopy. Wait -- what's that? One of those pesky district file notes my coworkers thought it would be funny to stick on my windshield? hmmm, it's the one labeled:

MOVED
OUT OF
DISTRICT

And so I have. Onward and upward.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, onward and upward!
    Always praying for you dear Brenda.
    I think the change will be good and I am sure there are families waiting for you where you are going. They are so blessed to have you coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words and prayers. I hope I can continue to make a difference for children. Life is an adventure.

    ReplyDelete