Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day in San Francisco

Mother's Day is such a nice holiday. My own mother deserved a day to be treated well, shown how much she was appreciated and loved, pampered a bit. I miss her. My sisters and I always call to wish each other a Happy Mother's Day. We know how hard the job of being a mother is and just want to acknowledge that in one another. My dad even wishes us a Happy Mother's Day.

This year Ash, Lys and I went up to San Francisco for the day.
It was windy all day, drizzling in the morning but sunnier in the afternoon. Those clouds were moving fast!

Our main ojbective was to start apartment hunting for when they move there this fall. We're glad we got an early start as it will take awhile to narrow down neighborhoods and convenience factors.
Alcatraz Island:We found a couple of apartment possibilities and then went up to Pier 39 whre the girls treated me to lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe. They are great daughters and I am so blessed to have them in my life.

Love this big poster of Santana in the cafe shop. A couple of years ago I went to a Santana concert with a friend. It was fantastic and his music is timeless.
If you want to hear a bit of Santana, push the pause button on the playlist on the right menu bar, then come back here and push play:

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Pier 39:
We were home in time to catch "The Amazing Race" which happened to culminate in San Francisco so it was fun to watch (though I was rooting for the cowboys who came in 2nd place).

It was a wonderful Mother's Day and I hope other moms were able to spend the day with their dear ones as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment