Friday, January 1, 2010

It's a New Dawn, It's a New Day

As I looked out my back door on the last day of 2009 I was greeted by this beautiful sunrise. I just had to grab my camera and snap a few shots. It was the end of an unsettling decade -- one most are happy to see go. I thought to myself, "Yes, it's time for a new dawn, a new day...."

Nestled in my mail one day in December was the cover of Time Magazine with its bold, blunt headline: The Decade From Hell. I stared at the crying baby in the photo and thought, "They are absolutely right. The last ten years have been a mess." From the horrors of 9/11 through the financial meltdowns, it was not a pleasant ride. On top of society's nightmares, there were far too many dear ones lost in my family over the last few years.

People have been reflective these last few months. There is more thought about how we need to change, what our values should be, more focus on relationships and getting back to basics and less on fast lane living and materialism. Time magazine's subheading was "...and why the next one will be better." Amen to that!

Time for a change. As the Michael Buble song says:

Birds flying high, you know how I feel
Sun in the sky, you know how I feel
Breeze driftin' on by, you know how I feel
It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life for me
And I'm feelin' good
I'm feelin' good

Dragonfly out in the sun, you know what I mean, don't you know
Butterflies all havin' fun, you know what I mean
Sleep in peace when the day is done, that's what I mean
And this old world is a new world
And a bold world for me
For me

Stars when you shine, you know how I feel
Scent of the pine, you know how I feel
Oh freedom is mine and I know how I feel
It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life.

Are you ready for a new dawn, a new day, a new life? My new year's resolutions have been written in my day planner pages, my attitude's been dusted off, and I'm ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment