My daughters and I will be having a quiet Thanksgiving at home this year. We have been dealing with some health issues this week (Lys is recovering from a cold, I'm getting a cold, and poor Ash has something more serious), but we won't let that stop us from cooking our turkey, dressing, Gulliver's corn, yams, and other favorites just the same. No siree! It may be a less formal banquet than usual for Thanksgiving, but every holiday is special in my book, and we have so much to be thankful for!
And now for the top five American Thanksgiving traditions (drum roll, please -- or should that be drumstick roll, please):
1. A turkey and the trimmings -- 95% of Americans eat turkey for Thanksgiving.
2. Football (American football, that is)
3. The Macy's Day Parade in New York City -- yes, we usually have bits of it running in the background as we start our cooking.
4. Making a wish on the wish bone.
5. Giving thanks -- this should be #1 as this is what Thanksgiving is all about!
Hope you have a blessed day!