Sunday, March 15, 2009

Open the Windows--It's Spring Already!

Sneaking in slowly, as if checking to see if the coast is clear, spring seems to finally be poking its head out. I went to Santa Clara yesterday with friends and the sun was shining when we left, but later in the afternoon we were wishing we had brought coats. Today is quite different -- sunny and mild, though I see showers are forecast for tonight (no sign of rainclouds yet). Since I was gone all day yesterday, I threw open the windows and stayed in today -- cleaned, caught up on laundry, mopped floors, washed down counter tops, and on and on. Sarah Ban Breathnach (Simple Abundance) said that keeping orderliness is not a straight-jacket of shoulda's, coulda's.... but rather a shape or foundation for the beautiful life you create every day. I like that thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment