Saturday, August 2, 2014

Gift of a Letter

Letter writing is in my soul.  I've been writing letters to friends, cousins, sisters and pen pals of all ages, near and far, as far back as I can remember.  Some say it is becoming a lost art, but I know of several groups out there that strive to keep handwritten letters alive.  This weekend I have several letters to write....

Thank you letters to my Uncle Don and my cousin Nancy who made last month's sojourn to the Northwest so special and delightful! (More about that, complete with photos, soon!). 

A condolence letter to my sister and niece who lost a dear friend that was like a sister to her this week.  She's had so much loss in her life, where do I even begin to write yet another letter to her about losing someone so close to their hearts?

Letters of encouragement to the kids I sponsor as they head into the last term of the school year.

Congratulations notes to my daughters ~ one for landing a new job she was dreaming about and the other for her hard work and extra hours to launch a major project at her workplace! 

Opening the mailbox and finding a thought-out, handwritten letter is magical.  It makes a difference and is truly a gift.  Give it a try and see if you don't receive a thank you from someone whose life you touched with a few written words. 



No comments:

Post a Comment