Sunday, June 29, 2014

An Evening at Spanish Bay in Pebble Beach

 
Last month a friend and I attended a benefit for the Veterans Transition Center, and to our surprise we won some of the raffles we entered.  One of the items I won was a $100 gift certificate for dinner at Sticks restaurant at the Spanish Bay Inn in Pebble Beach.  Ash and Lys were home for the weekend so we decided to make it an evening and it was wonderful!  We arrived and walked down the flower bedecked entrance to the clubhouse.
Passing through the pro shop, we found seats around the firepits on the back deck -- just in time to watch the bagpiper make his nightly rounds.
 
The sun was shining, the ocean was glistening, the ocean breeeze brushed our skin, and the mesmerizing sound of the bagpipes mixed with waves crashing filled our ears.  After about 15 minutes, he walked away, over the hill, still playing a tune.  After the sound drifted away we found our way into the restaurant and were seated in the corner window with the view of the ocean.  I ordered the lemon chicken with potatoes and asparagus spears and was taken back when I realized the size of the portions!  But that did not deter us from ordering dessert!  Ash had the creme brulee which she said was delicious.  Lys and I had the skillet cooked chocolate chip cookie with ice cream and fruit on top.  Everything was melt in your mouth perfection!
After dinner, we took a walk to the beach, following partly paved, partly boardwalk paths.
 Spanish Bay Inn on the hill...
 
 Wildflowers bloomed along the way...
 
  
Pebbles at Pebble Beach...
 
When we lived in Pebble Beach several years ago, I walked down a golf course path every evening.  It came out at a small cove which I dubbed "my beach."  This place has tremendous meaning for me in my life.  This is where I went after my mom died, where I mourned, remembered, reflected, and fed my soul.  This is where I sat to figure out life, mediate, and center myself.  It will always hold a special place in my heart.
 Getting closer to "my beach"....
 The reflective waters of "my beach"...
We drove by the house where we used to live, not too far from Spanish Bay Inn, and I took these pictures of the path I walked.  This is directly behind the house where we lived -- where I walked out the door and started my daily walk to my beach....
 Often deer and fox are spotted in this area...
 Memories -- old and new -- made this a very special evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment