Friday, November 1, 2013

Morning Moon

I was up before the birds this morning. I can hear them now, those sleepy heads, singing out their morning calls. Frosty woke me up at 4:30, wanting to go out. He doesn't bark, he doesn't claw, he just makes an irritating growling sound until I force myself to crawl out of the warm covers and stumble to the door to let him out. He's 10 now and just can't make it as long as he used to. Sometimes I can go back to bed, sometimes I can't. This was one of those mornings when I woke up both tired, with red, sore eyes, and excited with anticipation.

This is the first morning of NANOWRIMO! In case you are wondering what that is all about -- it's about writing a novel in a month. Impossible, you say? Well, we didn't say it was writing a GOOD novel in a month. It will probably be rotten. But the participants in this month-long writing frenzy, from all over the world, mind you, hope to at least spew out enough bad writing that it can later be shaped up into something more readable. You can read all about it here:
I understand it is all about moving forward, not re-reading what you've written and opening the door to the "inner editor" who wants to change it all around and keep you from telling your story, and logging in words -- lots of words -- every day. My goal is 2000/day. Thanks to Frosty, getting me up before the crack of dawn, I already have 1438 for today. A decent start. We have to have 50,000 words by November 30th. There is a lot of encouragement, forums, even local groups and buddies to spur you on. 
Besides NANOWRIMO, we know what November means -- shopping, Christmas card prep, Thanksgiving plans, Christmas around the corner stuff. I do love this month! So I may be absent from this blog, or I may surprise us both and be even more inspired to write.
Happy November!

No comments:

Post a Comment