Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Antique Roses and White Hydrangeas


Saturday I joined friends for a special tea at the historic First Mayor's House.  Croissant sandwiches, lemon bars, and fresh fruit were arranged on sparkling crystal plates.  An assortment of interesting tea pots contained flavorful blends of tea.  But one of the things that really caught my eye were the luscious boquets of beautiful flowers on each table.  One of my friends enjoys flower arranging and she explained how she made the arrangements -- I was inspired!  She even gave me one of the small table decorations to take home and I have been enjoying it ever since.  It is a simple, but elegant, arrangement of antique roses and white hydrangeas with just the right amount of greenery in a basic mason jar.
Simple but elegant is just my style and I placed these on my family room table so I can enjoy them all evening long.  Aren't they pretty?   Whenever I have fresh flowers, Violet has to explore them.  I think she is pretending to be hiding in a jungle.
Even at day's end, they are charming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment