Saturday, September 24, 2011

Murphy's Law

September is drawing to a close on a much more peaceful note than it started in our family.  The end of August and beginning of September brought daily dilemnas including:
* Ash's car was rear-ended, pushing her car into the car in front of her -- we are still fighting with the other guy's insurance company to get the repairs paid for.
* I woke up to the fluttering of a bat in the bedroom one night -- eek!  Not again!  I had to have the "batman" out to get it out of the room (with rabies testing to follow --thankfully it was rabies free).  We are working with a bat company now to rehome the bats that seem to like my roof with the result of one sneaking into the house at night when I let the dogs out.
* Happily doing my housework I noticed a strange smell from the dishwasher coming from the dishwasher -- hot wires.  It went kaplooey and I had to spend an afternoon at Sears dishwasher shopping so my old one could retire.
* Dad and the police department called me one day at work to say his brand new, rather pricey,  bicycle had been stolen. 
* Lys called me one morning to say her car wouldn't start at all.  Good ol' AAA towed her to a mechanic and they got the car in running order but provided a long list of $1500 worth of recommended repairs.  So we were faced with the decision of whether to invest in the older car or put the money toward a newer used car with fewer miles.  She opted for the later and after a couple days of shopping, test driving and negotiating, she is now back on the road in her new used car.

Issues finally resolved (except for Ash's car saga), things are settling into a nice routine again.  Summer weather is still here, but I heard the patter of rain on the roof last night for the first time in weeks.  Today I am getting out the autumn decorations for my house and doing some fall housecleaning.  I'm getting the oil changed in my car, having a pedicure and then meeting a friend for coffee later today.  September is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment