Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Sum-sum-summer time!

Summer has arrived at last.  After an exceptionally busy April and May the end of the school year couldn't come soon enough.  Dozens of student referrals papered by work desk, my calendar began to whimper every time I touched pen to date, and my days were filled to the brim with have-to-do-by-tomorrow's!

Topping it off, this spring our nonprofit organization took back all of the sponsorship programs for the schools in Kenya we help support -- an unplanned undertaking, but one that is rewarding -- especially now that we are finally able to look up from our spreadsheets and emails and truly appreciate what we are doing for the impoverished kids there.

June 10th the school bell rang for the last time and like a kid, I ran for the door (at least mentally).  Once again I am moving to a new school in the fall.  The district had to replace a couple of therapists and like a domino affect, some of us got shifted to new assignments.  Next year I'll be back in an elementary school (from preschool level) which I'm very happy about as that is my favorite age group to work with.  It meant packing my boxes of therapy materials once again and hauling them home to the garage for the summer.

Summer projects await so better get busy with them soon.  Lys has been house sitting for a family here in my neighborhood since Friday so we've gotten together daily to have lunch and get out.  Yesterday it was pedicures, Sunday it was antiquing in Carmel and Moss Landing.  Ash will be home for a few days this coming weekend -- love spending time with my daughters!

So many springtime pictures to upload to my blog here -- I will get caught up and back to schedule here soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment