Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Lazy, Hazy, Crazy Days of Summer

It's official--I'm on vacation! The school year ended last Friday, and until the middle of next week (when I do a four week, half day stint of summer school), I'm off work. This morning I spent time in my yard, trying to figure out which sprinklers were out of whack and leaving behind the dry patches. Lys is on a road trip this week, Ash moves back home from college the end of next week.... So I have a list of sweet nothings to do during this time off:
-sleep in (this usually means sleep 'til 7:00 instead of 6:00)
-listen to music (any kind I want, when I want)
-sing to the music (any way I want, when I want)
-work on photo albums and journals
-walk on the beach
-catch up with friends
-watch guilty-pleasure TV (including reruns of Desperate Housewives and sappy romantic comedies)
-send letters to my school children/friends in Africa
-yell out loud at the missed baskets while watching The Lakers vs. The Magic finals
-have a pedicure at the salon
-meditate
-write articles and poetry
-play with the dogs
-perfect the art of all the ways to serve strawberries

Ahhh--the sweet days of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment